Unlv Transfer Agreements

These services are intended for use by students in preparation for the transfer. Once you are ready to transfer, early use is recommended. If you request your official transcript from your NSHE institution, the „NSHE to NSHE transfer“ method is recommended. Your transcript is sent electronically by your institution to UNLV, which speeds up the process for you! Students who move to the University of Nevada, Reno or the University of Nevada, Las Vegas must complete the equivalent of 24 semester semesters in bachelor`s programs, with an overall average of at least 2.5. Students who move to Nevada State College must complete the equivalent of 12 semesters in the bachelor`s degree, with an overall average of at least 2.0. Some majors need a higher average. Students who have acquired 15 or more credits at the NSC and who, without an associate degree, move to a four-year institution, can „re-establish“ the credits earned from the four-year institution in order to graduate from an associate degree. This process allows students to obtain an associate degree while continuing to work at the end of their bachelor`s degree. The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Reverse Transfer Agreement allows alumni who have acquired 15 or more credits at CSN and transferred to Nevada State College (NSC), the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) or the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) without graduating to acquire their Arts Associate (AA), Business (AB), Science (AS) , while they are taking courses on one of these four years. To avoid additional courses, follow university transfer contracts. View online: You don`t need to return to CSN to take courses if you can follow them at your four-year transfer point. Go to a csN study advisor to make sure they are transmissible and applicable to your associate degree. While we try to guide students in the best way possible, other schools outside Nevada have their own requirements, which are primarily the responsibility of students to know it.

Go to the school you want to transfer to and get more information as a transfer student. Get a graduation sheet and course description to help you choose the most appropriate classes. There may be costs associated with reverse transmission. CSN does not charge you for the reverse transfer process. Your transfer institution may charge you a transcript application fee. You may also need to take additional courses to complete your program. If you are unsure of the classes to follow, and this happens to many students, consult a university counselor. Counsellors can help with the selection of a diploma, represent classes to be completed by semester and clarify transfer issues.

At UNLV, a few majors have articulated course work with programmes of other NSHE institutions and have concluded agreements with other states. However, most of the time, courses that run at UNLV for transfer students are obtained through a course-by-course process. Joint sheets and transfer course equivalency information are available here: Learn more about NSHE transfer and articulation information. The following information is available to students who have been transferred by a two-year NSHE (Nevada System of Higher Education) Institution: College of Southern Nevada, Great Basin College, Truckee Meadows Community College or Western Nevada College. Students who move from the University of Nevada, Reno or Nevada State College must follow the general requirements for transfer admission.